Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Come What May . . . And Love It!

Ashley and I had a great chat this morning. She and Robert moved to the third floor at 1:00 this morning. So technically last night, while I was sleeping any way! Ashley was just so excited to sleep in past 5:45 and to not get kicked out of Robert's room. We were chatting when she was on her way home to shower and get ready to attend a session at the temple. I could tell she felt great! I'm sure getting your adorable hubby out of the ICU would do that to a person!

We really enjoyed talking about life, its unexpected twists and turns and the things they teach us. I realized as we were talking that every experience in our life has a purpose. To learn and see that purpose is to witness and create a miracle in your life. Ashley has seen some of those miracles for herself and Robert. She also holds a great hope that their experience will bless others. She said, "I don't wish for anyone else to have to go through this, but I hope that as other couples watch us do so, they will hold each other a little tighter and not take each other for granted."

That is only one of the many lessons I personally have learned watching Robert and Ashley through this experience. Today she reminded me to look for and understand the purpose in my own trials and hard times so that I can witness my own little miracles!

Ashley also shared that along with the beautiful words to 'their song' Come What May, she has found a deeper meaning to the message of these sweet words from this man:


WirthlinJB_04.jpg

Joseph B. Wirthlin
He was one of the members of our Quorom of the Twelve Apostles until he passed away on December 2, 2008. I believe this is his last conference address.

You can watch a fabulous and touching video here or read the entire article here.

It is such a great message! Sorry the video isn't on the blog, try as I might I couldn't get it to embed! I hope you take the time to watch it, it is two minutes long. Ashley and Robert never cease to amaze me with the depths of their faith and optimism!

We all know that, Come What May, they will love each other till their dying days and beyond, because they were sealed for time and eternity in the temple.

Now we know that, Come What May, they will LOVE life no matter what it hands them!

*Robert is doing well today. He was awake more and talked more. He is off oxygen and keeping up his oxygen saturation numbers very well on his own. There is still a little fluid in his lungs, but it is getting better every day. He drank an entire Ensure and had about 15 bites of soup (from the Olive Garden) at one meal. His numbers remained at .5!!! His liver is working too hard right now to help him filter out all of the medications and pain meds he is on, and the IV nutrition can be hard on his liver too. So pray for his liver function to stabilize and for a big jump in his numbers tomorrow! With love and gratitude!

1 comment: