Friday, May 8, 2009

Visitors!


No, not that kind of visitor. Check him out though, he's a hippie alien! Peace dude! (Pardon me it's late and I'm a little tired, which = silly/cheesy :)
Robert has been much more awake and aware. However, he keeps asking Ashley if certain people are there.
Robert: "Ashley, who's here?"
Ashley: "No one, it's just us!"
R: "Steve (my dad, mom, Ryan, Superman, Wolverine, Yoda--ok I made up the last 3) isn't here? I think I heard him."
A: "Nope, it's just you and me."
R: "Oh, is he coming later?"
A: "Would you like _____ to visit later?"
R: "Yeah."
A: "Ok, I'll see what I can do."
Ashley gets a bit of a chuckle out of these conversations. I asked if Steve could/should come visit. Ashley said the problem there is you can never guess when he'll have his coherent/awake moments, and she hates to have someone come over just to sit on the couch with her and watch him sleep.
Now that he is awake more Ashley spends less time away from the hospital in the mornings. Robert gets anxious when he wakes up and no one is in his room. His breathing is still improving. He even had a bit of an appetite, he asked for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (which we think is funny, because if he even smelled peanut butter after his last round of chemo it would make him sick!). He was only able to eat two or three bites--wore him right out! But he ate 2-3 bites!! Ashley thinks as his breathing improves it will get even easier to eat!
Robert is on lasix two times a day until tomorrow. His swelling has gone down. Unfortunately, so have his numbers, they're back at .1! They are really yo-yoing this time! His body is fighting a lot of battles! He just has to beat one opponent at a time! Lets all keep praying for Robert! Together we can pray him right out of the ICU! That would be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment